The Volunteer For Life (VFL) Project is an initiative of the Fresh & Young Brains Development Initiative with support from United Nations Volunteers (UNV), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and Nigerian National Volunteer Service (NNVS), the Presidency, Abuja.
- The overall objective of the project is to encourage active citizen involvement in societal development through Volunteerism and Social Responsibility.
- The Project targets Nigerians within and outside the country who want to use volunteerism as a means of giving back to society and contributing to societal development.
- Just as the name implies, the VFL project is expected to run throughout a person’s lifetime. It cuts across all sectors of the economy and involves both children, youth, adults, groups and corporate bodies.
- The Volunteer For Life (VFL) project aims to build and promote a Culture of Volunteerism in our society.
- The Project will build capacity in the areas of Volunteerism, Mentoring, Social Responsibility and Environmental Sustainability.
- Production of more copies and dissemination of the Toolkit for Volunteerism (April 2011)
Advocacy & Capacity Building (Jan 2011 – Dec 2013)
- Launch of the Volunteer for Life (VFL) Project online – March 2011 http://fbinaija.blogspot.com/
- Online Certificate Training on Volunteerism & MDGs – June, 2011
- Grassroots Awareness on Building a Culture of Volunteerism in Nigeria (Jan 2011 – Dec 2013)
- Volunteer Placements (DIC, Landmark Initiative)
- Awards/Special Recognition to Individuals and Communities that promote Volunteerism – Dec 2011
Categories and focus area
- Children (Young Volunteers Club – YVC)
- Artists (Volunteer Your Talents for Development – VTD Initiative)
- Government MDAs/OSSAP-MDG (Volunteer Desks Project)
- Professional Groups/Development Partners (Volunteers Market Place – VMP)
- Companies (Marketing Volunteerism to improve CSR)
- Embassies, Consulates and High Commissions (Diplomatic Volunteering Project – DVP)
- Churches/Mosques (Preach and Practice Volunteerism – PPV)
- Communities/NGOs/Policy Makers (Advocate and Legislate on Volunteerism (Volunteers General Assembly – VGA)– NNVS, NA Committees on Diaspora
- Media (Volunteer Reporting Mechanisms – VRM)
- Youth (YSE/YSEM initiative with UNV,DIC, UNIC, World Bank)
- NYSC (Volunteer Service Year Project)
- Retirees (Volunteer Your Experience)
ECOWAS Business Roundtable on Volunteerism with ECOWAS Peace Fund